Skip to main content

As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner | Product Review

As I Am Cowash
Price: $7.99 for 16oz Tub @ Target

Product Claims: 
"This light creamy conditioning lotion spreads easily throughout to cleanse your hair and scalp. Detangling is wonderfully easy and rinsing is too."

"Helps maintains moisture, adds more moisture and retains moisture - vital to the health and happiness of your coils and curls."

"Plus! Contains organic ingredients that help promote healthy hair growth."  

Ingredients: Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cetyl Alcohol², Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol², PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearlkonium chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil², Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹, Phytosterols¹, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract¹, Quaternium-18, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone. 
Source: 1-Natural, 2-Coconut

My Thoughts: 
My first time using the product I did not like it. I mainly focused on the word Cowash & went off with my prior thoughts on what a Cowash does. Clean your hair but provides MOISTURE to the hair. After my first use I left it in my stash, but recently I have been using if a few more times. After reading the directions and paying attention to the claims. 

This cleansing conditioner is more cleansing then it is conditioning. The product is a gentle cleansers in comparison to a shampoo but is not conditioning as a conditioner. My hair does feel nicely cleansed it does not feel completely stripped but it does not feel moisturized. This product has zero slip which did not make detangling a breeze as it claims. It did not provide my hair with moisture or maintain moisture. After using this I have to always follow up with a conditioner to bring back the moisture that was lost. I would not detangled with this product in my hair. Rinse it out and follow up with a conditioner and it be a lot better. But doesn't that beat the purpose of what a Cowash product is for? It's suppose to be basically a all in one ? No ? Yeah?

Packaging/Consistency:
The product has a thin consistency that I feel is a pro and con. What I do like about it is that it is easier to apply too my roots directly and can easily be rubbed in. What I dislike about it is it's a bit runny and sometimes product runs off my hand. I also dislike the packaging. I feel if the consistency is thick then it belongs in a tub but this product is thin/runny and can easily fall out if dropped, especially in the shower.

Would I Repurchase ? 
Eh.. Not really I am pretty sure that there can be a better cleansing conditioner. I want it to give me BOTH gentle cleaning with MOISTURE! I also believe it was the coconut that did not work well with my hair. I was suck into the hype though ! 

Comments

  1. Hey! I have nominated you for The Liebster Blog Award http://fizzysun.blogspot.in/2014/10/liebster-blog-award-nomination.html If you take part please send me the link, I would love to see it =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wash Day (7/7)

It feels good to have a clean scalp especially since I haven't washed my hair in almost two weeks! Yeah I know slacker/gross! My  hair needed a good wash and some moisture back into it. Also I just came from the beach and even though I wasn't in the water the elements could of been harsh on my hair ex.sun.  I started off with clarifying my hair since I haven't washed my hair in awhile. Needed to get rid of product build up and plus its the beginning of the month. I used my suave clarifying shampoo, I would say I do prefer the ORS aloe shampoo but I have yet to buy a full size.  I proceeded to conditioning my hair because it was very much needed. I used my L'oreal Power Moisture conditioner and saturated my hair with the product so I can detangle my hair with my fingers instead of a comb. So easy to detangle my hair with this conditioner I love it.  Followed up with my deep conditioner which is the Bee Mine D/C. I didn't wear my heating cap or leave in on for hours.

Hair Length Check In

I can not believe how far my hair has come. My hair has been in a protective for half the year, which was a sew-in. I did not have a sew in for the summer I gave my hair a break. I am currently debating if I should get another sew in for the colder months that is coming but I am not sure. My hair feels fuller & thicker. I was even asked if I had a weave in lol. Here is my current length. Am I Mid-Back length ? This picture was taken in Oct/13  Here is my current length as of Oct/14

Umm, Hey ?!

I  have not written a post in over a few months now & I feel a little okay about it. I just was not in the mood to really write about hair. It just started to become repetitive & a little boring to me. Don't get me wrong I still plan on documenting my hair journey & I still enjoy everything hair related. It was just a moment for me that I was kind of over it. I have been enjoying my hair length & been using heat a little too much, but that's okay. I mean isn't that the point of reaching your goal length, to enjoy it in whatever way you want? Well I definitely did & now it's time to get back to my normal hair routine. I still have a long term goal I want to achieve. So let's see where I go from here. This is my small space on the internet & I don't plan on abandoning it any time soon.