Skip to main content

Healthy Hair Journey Questionnaire!

Found this post on Hairlista.com and thought I should answer the questions on my blog. Thought this would be really fun to do and for people to know more about my hair. (NOTE: THESE ARE NOT MY QUESTIONS)

1.What is your current length?

My current length is grazing bra strap length

2. What is your ultimate goal length?

My ultimate goal length is waist length

3. Had any setbacks in your journey so far?

Spilt ends and breakage !

4. After you reach your goal will you continue to maintain that length OR if relaxed will you go natural and start another journey?

Once I reach my goal I would definitely maintain the length.

5. What are you looking forward to the most when you reach your goal?

When I reach my goal I’m looking forward to being able to wear the many styles that I am unable to do now. Also proving to my family, my mom especially, that my hair is able to grow. But overall healthy hair.

6. What is your hair type?

My hair type is maybe in the 3C’s category.

7. Will you ever color your hair?

Yes, I colored my hair multiple times and as of now I am color-treated.

8. What has been the most challenging on your hair journey so far?

My most challenging would have to be not using heat, looking for products that work and trying to perfect certain protective styles.

9. Are there other family members/friends on a hair journey as well?

Nope I am the only one that’s on a hair journey.

10. Are you a product junkie?

Sadly, yes. I cant help it I love buying new products and trying products out. But lately I been controlling myself.

11. What is your favorite hair accessories?

My favorite hair accessories are headbands.

12. What is your favorite store to buy hair products?

Favorite store to buy hair products has to be my local beauty supply stores and Target.

13.What is your favorite protective style?

Favorite protective style is buns and braid outs (which I am still trying to perfect).

14. Who is your hair inspiration?

Hair inspiration would have to be Sunshyne and a lovely lady that has a blog sadly not sure of her name but the blog is call Just Grow Already!

15.How long have you been on your hair journey?

I have been on and off many hair journey's but this time I am more then serious and it started the day I had recently color my hair. Which was on April 11th. Its been a month now and I am so proud of myself of keeping up with my hair.

16. What is your favorite hair product?

Favorite hair product has to be of course conditioner, deep conditioner and I do love my light protein treatments. They be doing wonders for my hair.

17. What do you love most about your hair?

What I love about my hair is that its natural! With natural hair your able to do anything with it. From curly to straight styles its so versatile.

photo

Comments

  1. I started my HHJ about 2 1/2 years ago. I have had some setbacks also. I transitioned for 9 months and caved to the relaxer. I am trying again and am not about 5 months but I texlax so I have a lot of texture. I don't use heat nearly as much as I used to but I did just purchase an electric styling comb to help me not cave to the relaxer again. Continued success on your journey. I admire Sunshyne also. Her hair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bella followed your link from Hairlista!! I'm now a follower of yours. Be sure to check out my blog too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I too followed your blog from hairlista. Check out mine at blutifulblaqhair.blogspot.com

    HHG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies. I'm going to follow your blogs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started my hair journey as well (April 27) Right now I am NL, almost to shoulder length! My goal is Waist Length. And when I do reach my goal the thing I'm looking forward to most is proving my mom wrong. So as she notes, black people can't grow long hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best for your journey. the questions are informative and funny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wash Day (7/7)

It feels good to have a clean scalp especially since I haven't washed my hair in almost two weeks! Yeah I know slacker/gross! My  hair needed a good wash and some moisture back into it. Also I just came from the beach and even though I wasn't in the water the elements could of been harsh on my hair ex.sun.  I started off with clarifying my hair since I haven't washed my hair in awhile. Needed to get rid of product build up and plus its the beginning of the month. I used my suave clarifying shampoo, I would say I do prefer the ORS aloe shampoo but I have yet to buy a full size.  I proceeded to conditioning my hair because it was very much needed. I used my L'oreal Power Moisture conditioner and saturated my hair with the product so I can detangle my hair with my fingers instead of a comb. So easy to detangle my hair with this conditioner I love it.  Followed up with my deep conditioner which is the Bee Mine D/C. I didn't wear my heating cap or leave in on for hours.

Hair Length Check In

I can not believe how far my hair has come. My hair has been in a protective for half the year, which was a sew-in. I did not have a sew in for the summer I gave my hair a break. I am currently debating if I should get another sew in for the colder months that is coming but I am not sure. My hair feels fuller & thicker. I was even asked if I had a weave in lol. Here is my current length. Am I Mid-Back length ? This picture was taken in Oct/13  Here is my current length as of Oct/14

So I Made Waist Length

I made my long term goal! I'm finally waist length. I have been on a hair journey for a very long time and through so many trial and errors I found what helped me. My growth has definitely come from protective styling. I'm either doing a sew in and if not that my hair was always in a bun. Also having a simple hair routine is key! Not only that but keeping up with my ends. I plan to get my ends lightly trimmed but the only person I trust is so far from me but very soon I will get one. I might try to do a new hair goal of hip length but honestly not sure having long hair can kind of be annoying, but I'm not complaining I love my current length.