Skip to main content

Hair Update

I did gain some length from my sew in I do not have a before photo which upsets me but I know I was at Bra strap (When I say Bra Strap, I mean exactly on it. Others refer to it as just hitting bra strap). I also had gotten a mini trim before the install. I am now past bra strap so I gained about an inch of growth or so, which is awesome! But now I am scared of getting spilt ends! I am a victim of always getting bad split ends & I DO NOT use heat on a weekly or daily basis. I feel that my split ends happen because my hair is always rubbing on my clothes. I constantly do protective styles which are usually braids outs and even though it is a protective style my ends are still exposed. I would do buns again but I feel that buns have caused some damaged to my crown area. My crown area is my problem area and I feel it was because of buns.

I'm sort of stuck on what protective style to do next. I am thinking about doing another sew in but I am not 100% sure if I want to. I did have a better experience then last time. So I know my next sew in will be yet another success. I also want to purchase hair from Lola Hair Company. I would re use my Aliexpress hair but I really want to try hair from Lola Hair. If I do another sew in I am waiting till April to get it done. My hair needs a mini break from another install.

As for my ends I just need to find away to keep them protected but also try not put to much tension onto my crown area. I also need to even out my hair color as you can see there some brown in the middle but I am so scared to color my hair. Well that is another update when I do color because I do have to.

Comments

  1. Your hair looks great. Awesome retention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl now I just need to maintain my ends

      Delete
  2. Your ends look really full! Have you considered adding a just little protein conditioner to the ends of the braids for your sew in? It might be a good way to give them a little reinforcement whilst in your protective style.

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had used a protein spritz once a week when they were in braids. I'm not sure how to maintain my ends now to keep the growth I gained.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Am I Protein Sensitive ?

I had recently purchased Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor and The Keratin & Green Tea leave in. I felt that my hair was in desperate need of some protein being that it was breaking a lot and because I thought my hair was going through moisture overload. Every time I washed it, my hair will feel way to mushy and soft. So today I decided to try the products and my results weren’t so good. This is what I did :
Shampoo with my Neutrogena Triple Moisture & then condition with the Aphogee conditioner. On the bottle it says to either leave it on for 2 or 5 minutes. I don’t know how long I left it in being that I was in the shower, but I do know that I didn’t leave in on for long because I didn’t know the time and I was to nervous having this product in my hair. I want to say it had to be at least 4 minutes that it was in my hair. Once I rinsed it out my hair felt AMAZING! My hair felt so strong and thick. I was just blown away at how good my hair felt. Usually my hair feels like mush an…

So I Made Waist Length

I made my long term goal! I'm finally waist length. I have been on a hair journey for a very long time and through so many trial and errors I found what helped me. My growth has definitely come from protective styling. I'm either doing a sew in and if not that my hair was always in a bun. Also having a simple hair routine is key! Not only that but keeping up with my ends. I plan to get my ends lightly trimmed but the only person I trust is so far from me but very soon I will get one. I might try to do a new hair goal of hip length but honestly not sure having long hair can kind of be annoying, but I'm not complaining I love my current length. 



As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner | Product Review

Price: $7.99 for 16oz Tub @ Target

Product Claims: 
"This light creamy conditioning lotion spreads easily throughout to cleanse your hair and scalp. Detangling is wonderfully easy and rinsing is too."

"Helps maintains moisture, adds more moisture and retains moisture - vital to the health and happiness of your coils and curls."

"Plus! Contains organic ingredients that help promote healthy hair growth."  
Ingredients:Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cetyl Alcohol², Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol², PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearlkonium chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil², Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹, Phytosterols¹, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract¹, Quaternium-18, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone.
Source: 1-Natural, 2-Coconut

My Thoughts:  My first time using the product I did not like it. I mainly focused on the word Cowash & went o…