Skip to main content

Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo and Restorative Conditioner Review

Shea Moisture:Moisture Retention Shampoo





Price: $9.99 13oz 

Claims:"Our gentle all natural shampoo will help soften, moisturize and repair damaged over process hair"

Consistency: Thin & runny. I would say this product will be ideal to use in a nozzle bottle for those who prefer to get to their roots only. 

Ingredients
Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Sugar Beets), African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Rosemary Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Vitamin E, Lonicera Caprifolium Flower Extract (Honeysuckle), Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Japanese Honeysuckle)



My Opinion: 
This shampoo overall is pretty good. It is a sulfate free shampoo which is make it less of a harsh shampoo and that is why I decided on getting it. People claim that with this shampoo you are able to detangle with it and that it provides amazing moisture. In my own opinion while using the shampoo I don't see it helping with loosing up my tangles. So attempting to "detangled" or loosen my tangles with this shampoo was a fail.This shampoo does help with getting rid of any build up and was not stripping to my hair at all which made my hair feel decently moisturized (nothing dramatic though). The shampoo also lathers up rather nicely. I don't have anything negative to say about this product.

Will I Repurchase? 
Yes, once the bottle runs out I most likely will buy it again.




Shea Moisture:Restorative Conditioner




Price: $9.99 13oz Pump Bottle 

Claims: "Our leave-in or rinse out conditioner detangles, moisturizes, repairs and restores lifeless damaged hair."

Consistency: It appears to be a thick product in the bottle but when it's pumped out it has a lotion type consistency. The pump bottle does make the product come out a lot easier compared to using a cap top. 

Ingredients: 
Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Argan Oil, Coconut Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Essential Oil Blend, Vegetable Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax, Sea Kelp Extract, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Avocado Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot)


My Opinion:
Hates this I tried this is multiple ways and my hair disagreed with it. I used this as a co-wash, leave in and moisturizer

Thoughts as a Co-wash:
This stuff made my hair so tangled and matted. No moisturizing properties what so ever. I tried using it three times and each time was a failure. I would have to follow up with a different conditioner so I can detangled the mess it left. 

Thoughts as a Leave-In: 
I didn't notice anything significant as a leave in. Didn't provide any moisture just made my hair feel dry and almost rough.

Thoughts as a Moisturizer:
Now even though this isn't directed as a moisturizing I still decided to try it out anyway, last time I checked there were no rules about using a product. This stuff just sat on my hair and did nothing. No shine, no moisture, no softness, absolute nothing and I just couldn't stand the smell when used as a moisturizer it just smelled awful. 

Will I Repurchase?
Definitely not, I even got rid of the bottle with product inside. I just could not deal with the results from this product. I tried it in every way possible and every result was a fail. I did not try it as a deep conditioner but how that stuff works as a co-wash I can just imagine how bad the results will be with just leaving this on for a longer period of time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash Day (7/7)

It feels good to have a clean scalp especially since I haven't washed my hair in almost two weeks! Yeah I know slacker/gross! My  hair needed a good wash and some moisture back into it. Also I just came from the beach and even though I wasn't in the water the elements could of been harsh on my hair ex.sun.  I started off with clarifying my hair since I haven't washed my hair in awhile. Needed to get rid of product build up and plus its the beginning of the month. I used my suave clarifying shampoo, I would say I do prefer the ORS aloe shampoo but I have yet to buy a full size.  I proceeded to conditioning my hair because it was very much needed. I used my L'oreal Power Moisture conditioner and saturated my hair with the product so I can detangle my hair with my fingers instead of a comb. So easy to detangle my hair with this conditioner I love it.  Followed up with my deep conditioner which is the Bee Mine D/C. I didn't wear my heating cap or leave in on for hours.

Hair Length Check In

I can not believe how far my hair has come. My hair has been in a protective for half the year, which was a sew-in. I did not have a sew in for the summer I gave my hair a break. I am currently debating if I should get another sew in for the colder months that is coming but I am not sure. My hair feels fuller & thicker. I was even asked if I had a weave in lol. Here is my current length. Am I Mid-Back length ? This picture was taken in Oct/13  Here is my current length as of Oct/14

Umm, Hey ?!

I  have not written a post in over a few months now & I feel a little okay about it. I just was not in the mood to really write about hair. It just started to become repetitive & a little boring to me. Don't get me wrong I still plan on documenting my hair journey & I still enjoy everything hair related. It was just a moment for me that I was kind of over it. I have been enjoying my hair length & been using heat a little too much, but that's okay. I mean isn't that the point of reaching your goal length, to enjoy it in whatever way you want? Well I definitely did & now it's time to get back to my normal hair routine. I still have a long term goal I want to achieve. So let's see where I go from here. This is my small space on the internet & I don't plan on abandoning it any time soon.