Skip to main content

April Goals Rundown & May Goals

1. Perfect a Twist/Braid Out - Almost There
I tried different products for achieving a defined twist out some days were good others were bad. I learned that I can get a really good twist out on second day hair & I did retwist my hair nightly cause doing the pineapple method did not work.. Using Grapeseed Oil & water is my favorite combination to get a almost perfect twist out. Also allowing the hair to dry before putting it up in my bonnet. If I don't I would wake up with bent looking twist which always ruins the look of my braid outs..

2. Baggy 2x Week
I baggy 2x a week the first week the second week once and after that stop. I noticed that bagging my ends made them really soft and moisturized. I've added this to my regimen because it gave me great results. But instead of twice I just do it once a week with Grapeseed oil.


3. JBCO has been done everyday to every other day but it was done

4. Stay Away From Protein
For this entire month I had stood away from protein. I have been more focused on moisturizing products from shampoo to deep conditioner. Have I seen a difference in my hair YES! Does not feel dry or brittle feels soft and moisturized. But has my breakage stop NO, but it has been minimal.


May Goals

1.Keep Hair De tangle
If I don't detangle my hair or keep my hair separated it would start to mate up together and this is more so done on hair that has been in a bun for two days.

2. Drink Water
I use to drink water on a regular day to day basis but lately it's been something I rarely reach for. I need to cut back on soda and coffee start drinking water again at least 24oz (3Cups) daily can't be hard right ? I do believe that what you put inside reflects your outside. I pick 3 cups cause it's easier to start with

3.Pay CLOSER Attention to My Hair
I have been having the worst luck with my hair this entire month literally cowash days are always a disaster. I only had one or two successful wash days this entire month. Now for May I need to pay attention to what I might be doing wrong. I know this time around its not protein for sure and my hair feels moisturized so its not lacking moisture..

4. Search & Destroy Method
I'm not ready to get a trim just yet. My hair does have some spilt ends but not so much and just cutting them instead of a full trim is what I prefer to do right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash Day (7/7)

It feels good to have a clean scalp especially since I haven't washed my hair in almost two weeks! Yeah I know slacker/gross! My  hair needed a good wash and some moisture back into it. Also I just came from the beach and even though I wasn't in the water the elements could of been harsh on my hair ex.sun.  I started off with clarifying my hair since I haven't washed my hair in awhile. Needed to get rid of product build up and plus its the beginning of the month. I used my suave clarifying shampoo, I would say I do prefer the ORS aloe shampoo but I have yet to buy a full size.  I proceeded to conditioning my hair because it was very much needed. I used my L'oreal Power Moisture conditioner and saturated my hair with the product so I can detangle my hair with my fingers instead of a comb. So easy to detangle my hair with this conditioner I love it.  Followed up with my deep conditioner which is the Bee Mine D/C. I didn't wear my heating cap or leave in on for hours.

Umm, Hey ?!

I  have not written a post in over a few months now & I feel a little okay about it. I just was not in the mood to really write about hair. It just started to become repetitive & a little boring to me. Don't get me wrong I still plan on documenting my hair journey & I still enjoy everything hair related. It was just a moment for me that I was kind of over it. I have been enjoying my hair length & been using heat a little too much, but that's okay. I mean isn't that the point of reaching your goal length, to enjoy it in whatever way you want? Well I definitely did & now it's time to get back to my normal hair routine. I still have a long term goal I want to achieve. So let's see where I go from here. This is my small space on the internet & I don't plan on abandoning it any time soon.

Hair Length Check In

I can not believe how far my hair has come. My hair has been in a protective for half the year, which was a sew-in. I did not have a sew in for the summer I gave my hair a break. I am currently debating if I should get another sew in for the colder months that is coming but I am not sure. My hair feels fuller & thicker. I was even asked if I had a weave in lol. Here is my current length. Am I Mid-Back length ? This picture was taken in Oct/13  Here is my current length as of Oct/14