Skip to main content

Hair Thought’s

Picnik collage

SAM_1806
My Hair Color Right Now; Side View.
You Can See My Real Hair Coloring
Coming In Already . Air Dried
Hair.

Two things that have been on my mind a lot lately and that’s fixing my hair color and getting a relaxer. Lets start with my hair color. I dislike the color that I have. In the sun and when taking pictures with the flash my hair is this burgundy color that just doesn’t compliment my skin tone. When I went to the salon I was expecting to come out with a nice light brown but no I ended up getting this color. I don’t know what I should do, I don’t want to recolor my hair but I don’t want to grow the color out either. I know if I do grow out the color then its going to me noticeable from my real hair color to my hair dye color. Ugh just stuck ! I’m 50/50 with both ways. If I do decide to just recolor then I’m going to re color it either colors that are shown on top. They do look alike when put next to each other which I just had notice. I know that I need to come to a decision quick. As for relaxing my hair I’m most definitely going to be doing that by ending of summer or early fall. I want to relax my hair because dealing with my natural hair is so time consuming and I do love to pamper my hair but I do have other responsibilities. There people out there that can do it and I give them so much props but it's just not for me. But as for now I have been doing so much research on relaxed hair and I feel pretty confident that I’m going to have a great and successful hair journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash Day (7/7)

It feels good to have a clean scalp especially since I haven't washed my hair in almost two weeks! Yeah I know slacker/gross! My  hair needed a good wash and some moisture back into it. Also I just came from the beach and even though I wasn't in the water the elements could of been harsh on my hair ex.sun.  I started off with clarifying my hair since I haven't washed my hair in awhile. Needed to get rid of product build up and plus its the beginning of the month. I used my suave clarifying shampoo, I would say I do prefer the ORS aloe shampoo but I have yet to buy a full size.  I proceeded to conditioning my hair because it was very much needed. I used my L'oreal Power Moisture conditioner and saturated my hair with the product so I can detangle my hair with my fingers instead of a comb. So easy to detangle my hair with this conditioner I love it.  Followed up with my deep conditioner which is the Bee Mine D/C. I didn't wear my heating cap or leave in on for hours.

Hair Length Check In

I can not believe how far my hair has come. My hair has been in a protective for half the year, which was a sew-in. I did not have a sew in for the summer I gave my hair a break. I am currently debating if I should get another sew in for the colder months that is coming but I am not sure. My hair feels fuller & thicker. I was even asked if I had a weave in lol. Here is my current length. Am I Mid-Back length ? This picture was taken in Oct/13  Here is my current length as of Oct/14

So I Made Waist Length

I made my long term goal! I'm finally waist length. I have been on a hair journey for a very long time and through so many trial and errors I found what helped me. My growth has definitely come from protective styling. I'm either doing a sew in and if not that my hair was always in a bun. Also having a simple hair routine is key! Not only that but keeping up with my ends. I plan to get my ends lightly trimmed but the only person I trust is so far from me but very soon I will get one. I might try to do a new hair goal of hip length but honestly not sure having long hair can kind of be annoying, but I'm not complaining I love my current length.