This will be my second time washing my hair. I did wash it two week ago but I was not able to write a post. Same routine I did two weeks ago is the same I did today. I'm also 5 weeks in I wanted to take the hair down in one month and two weeks, which will be next week. So next week will be the take down.
- I prepoo my scalp with Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil & Grape seed Oil. I left that one for 35 Minutes
- I did not rinse it out. I followed up using my As I Am Coconut Cleansing Conditioner in my applicator bottle and applied it directly to my scalp. Lightly rubbing it into my braids.
- Rinsed out the product thoroughly and then followed up with my deep conditioner. I am currently using the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. I applied it directly to my scalp with my applicator bottle, inside it also had a light mixture of the same oils I used to prepoo with. I then applied the deep conditioner to my whole weave.
- I sat under a hooded dryer for 35 minutes to allow it to penetrate my scalp a lot better. I then thoroughly rinsed out the product off my scalp and the weave.
- My leave in of choice were my Redken extreme Anti Snap, It's a 10 Leave in & Chi Silk Infusion. I used the It's a 10 on braids since it is a spray and used the Redken Extreme Anti Snap and Chi Silk Infusion to all my leave out.
- I then sat under a hooded dryer for 20 minutes again to make sure that the braids will get dried. To ensure they will be fully dried I used my handheld blower on cool shot to make sure they were dry. Followed up with Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray and flat iron the hair and leave out.
Overall my wash day both my leave out and weave were feeling really good. It has now been one month having the install I plan to take it out in two more weeks. I feel my routine is a lot better then my last install. But I am still nervous about the take down.