Skip to main content

Wash Day

1. I decided to prepoo since it is part of my regimen and I have been skipping this part for the past couple of weeks now. I decided to use Grapeseed oil and olive oil to prepoo. I have heard that putting the prepoo in a spray bottle instead of a nozzle works alot better but to me they work the same still a messy process.

2. Before I rinsed out the prepoo I detangled my hair and it wasn't as easy as I thought but it still helped a lil bit.I then shampoo my hair with the Creme of Nature Shampoo nothing much to say about that. 

3. Once I was done with that I followed up with a new deep conditioner that I had sitting in my stash for awhile. The Aunt Jackie Moisturizing & Softening Deep Conditioner. My first impression of this is ehh? On my roots it didn't provide no slip and it didn't moisturize or soften the root area. But for my ends it did a decent job I was able to run my fingers through my hair and it felt very soft. I didn't understand why I had different results on my head. I left it on for about 15 minutes with heat and an additional 15 in the shower. I didn't want to keep this on no longer then 30 minutes because it had protein in it and I didn't want my hair to stiffen up or have to follow up with another d/c. But I would keep trying this. 

4.  As for my leave in I decided to use the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave In. Not a fan but wanted to try something different. Hair wasn't as soft as the Garnier. I really need to purchase a new leave in because both aren't good when it comes to ingredients. I ended up just air drying my hair and putting it up in a bun. Didn't use the styling product

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash Day (7/7)

It feels good to have a clean scalp especially since I haven't washed my hair in almost two weeks! Yeah I know slacker/gross! My  hair needed a good wash and some moisture back into it. Also I just came from the beach and even though I wasn't in the water the elements could of been harsh on my hair ex.sun.  I started off with clarifying my hair since I haven't washed my hair in awhile. Needed to get rid of product build up and plus its the beginning of the month. I used my suave clarifying shampoo, I would say I do prefer the ORS aloe shampoo but I have yet to buy a full size.  I proceeded to conditioning my hair because it was very much needed. I used my L'oreal Power Moisture conditioner and saturated my hair with the product so I can detangle my hair with my fingers instead of a comb. So easy to detangle my hair with this conditioner I love it.  Followed up with my deep conditioner which is the Bee Mine D/C. I didn't wear my heating cap or leave in on for hours.

Hair Length Check In

I can not believe how far my hair has come. My hair has been in a protective for half the year, which was a sew-in. I did not have a sew in for the summer I gave my hair a break. I am currently debating if I should get another sew in for the colder months that is coming but I am not sure. My hair feels fuller & thicker. I was even asked if I had a weave in lol. Here is my current length. Am I Mid-Back length ? This picture was taken in Oct/13  Here is my current length as of Oct/14

So I Made Waist Length

I made my long term goal! I'm finally waist length. I have been on a hair journey for a very long time and through so many trial and errors I found what helped me. My growth has definitely come from protective styling. I'm either doing a sew in and if not that my hair was always in a bun. Also having a simple hair routine is key! Not only that but keeping up with my ends. I plan to get my ends lightly trimmed but the only person I trust is so far from me but very soon I will get one. I might try to do a new hair goal of hip length but honestly not sure having long hair can kind of be annoying, but I'm not complaining I love my current length.