Skip to main content

Wash Day & 1st ACV Rinse !

My wash day this past week wasn't very good. My hair just didn't like anything I had put in it. I had done my first ACV Rinse which wasn't very good & I also decided to prepoo, which didn't turn out well either. (O9l1O)

1. Prepoo with Honey, EVOO & EVCO. I decided to prepoo so that I can find another type of way of adding some type of "protein" in my hair. I know that coconut oil acts like a "protein" & helps to mend the hair. I left the mix in my hair for 30mins. Once it was rinsed out my hair was difficult to detangle ! Like I didn't even want to put a comb in my hair. It felt hard and no where close to being soft or moisturized. It was just horrible

2. Shampoo with Nexxus Pro Mend Shampoo. I followed up with this shampoo to rinse out the mixture.

3. Condition with Suave Knock off of the Nexxus Humectress which I LOVE ! But this time it didn't really moisturize my hair very good like usual and it wasn't as soft.

4. I then decided to do a ACV rinse before I deep condition cause I didn't want that smell stuck in my hair it smelled horrible & it burned my eyes. Be careful with this stuff lol. But other then that my hair wasn't soft, able to detangle or even moisturized. It was a HORRIBLE MESS!

5. I Followed up with my Macadamia Natural Oil Masque & Left that in my hair for an hour because my hair needed some type of moisture & softness!

6. Once that was rinsed my hair still didn't feel good. It was alright not to soft & I am surprised because this deep conditioner has been doing me good for awhile. I don't know what happen, I'm going to use it once more and give my review.

This wash day wasn't good I was so disappointed and just feel so lost with my hair. I'm not understanding what she needs anymore. Adding the EVCO was my way of adding some "strength" to my hair. Next time & I am so serious I'm just going to only add moisture! MOISTURE, MOISTURE & MOISTURE. I'm just nervous to go into moisture overload but if I do at least I know how to overcome it. As for the ACV Rinse I'm not planning to do that in awhile. It smelled bad, made my hair tangle and matted. I'm staying away from that stuff. I do have a small bottle of roux porosity control conditioner. I'm going to use that next time instead. Also I'm thinking about adding some pics to my wash days. I seen two of my favorite blogger's do it on there wash days. But I'm not to sure yet because I do everything in the shower. We shall see the next time I do my wash day.

What do you ladies think about adding pics to my wash day post?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash Day (7/7)

It feels good to have a clean scalp especially since I haven't washed my hair in almost two weeks! Yeah I know slacker/gross! My  hair needed a good wash and some moisture back into it. Also I just came from the beach and even though I wasn't in the water the elements could of been harsh on my hair ex.sun.  I started off with clarifying my hair since I haven't washed my hair in awhile. Needed to get rid of product build up and plus its the beginning of the month. I used my suave clarifying shampoo, I would say I do prefer the ORS aloe shampoo but I have yet to buy a full size.  I proceeded to conditioning my hair because it was very much needed. I used my L'oreal Power Moisture conditioner and saturated my hair with the product so I can detangle my hair with my fingers instead of a comb. So easy to detangle my hair with this conditioner I love it.  Followed up with my deep conditioner which is the Bee Mine D/C. I didn't wear my heating cap or leave in on for hours.

Hair Length Check In

I can not believe how far my hair has come. My hair has been in a protective for half the year, which was a sew-in. I did not have a sew in for the summer I gave my hair a break. I am currently debating if I should get another sew in for the colder months that is coming but I am not sure. My hair feels fuller & thicker. I was even asked if I had a weave in lol. Here is my current length. Am I Mid-Back length ? This picture was taken in Oct/13  Here is my current length as of Oct/14

Umm, Hey ?!

I  have not written a post in over a few months now & I feel a little okay about it. I just was not in the mood to really write about hair. It just started to become repetitive & a little boring to me. Don't get me wrong I still plan on documenting my hair journey & I still enjoy everything hair related. It was just a moment for me that I was kind of over it. I have been enjoying my hair length & been using heat a little too much, but that's okay. I mean isn't that the point of reaching your goal length, to enjoy it in whatever way you want? Well I definitely did & now it's time to get back to my normal hair routine. I still have a long term goal I want to achieve. So let's see where I go from here. This is my small space on the internet & I don't plan on abandoning it any time soon.