Skip to main content

Wash Day/Rollerset (July 30th)

This wash day was actual a really good one. I love the results I had received and fell in love with a new product. The rollersetting part was a bit stressful but I kept telling myself that this is only my second time so relax. I grew some patience towards the end and even though my rollerset look horrible my hair still came out great. I also decided to flat iron my roots being that they were frizzy. Didn’t take a picture of how it look when it came out but I did take pictures of my rollers and end results.

1. I pre-poo with olive oil for 1 hour
2.I then clarified my hair with suave clarifying shampoo.
3. I condition my hair with the Organix Moroccan Argan Oil conditioner and must I say that conditioner was horrible! I didn’t give my hair any slip and made it extremely difficult to detangle. I couldn’t handle the feeling so I used my Herbal Essence Color Me Happy conditioner and that instantly melted the tangles away.
4. I then deep conditioner my hair with Macadamia Oil Hair Repair Masque for an hour. OMG! The results I received once it was rinsed out blew my mind. My hair was very easy to detangle, moisturized and shiny. It was just amazing it even defined my curls so well. I am in love with this and definitely going to purchase the full size real soon.
5. Once I rinsed that out my leave ins where NTM Leave in & Garnier Fructis Anti-Frizz Serum so my hair won’t be to frizzy once my rollers were out. I applied the products to each strand of hair and rolled.
One of my favorite hair blogs is http://www.justgrowalready.com/. The techniques she used to rollerset I tried them also. One was applying the product to each strand and another was to dip your rollers into water so the hair can attach it self better. Ladies check out her blog if you haven’t she is amazing. The only downfall when I was rolling was trying get the roller to stay on tightly and secure if you understand what I’m saying. Not quite sure on how to explain it but hopefully you get me. I’m planning to roller set my hair weekly MAYBE and cowash once a week. That just might be my new simple regimen once the fall and winter come in.
I apologize for the not so well camera quality that’s the reason why I don’t blog much :/
photo 1photo 3 (3)
As you can see my rollersetting is horrible lols. The first pic is the front of my head the second it the back. I’m going to keep practicing though and hopefully it won’t look this anymore. But this is my second time was expecting it to be great even though I do like the results I received.
Photo1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wash Day (7/7)

It feels good to have a clean scalp especially since I haven't washed my hair in almost two weeks! Yeah I know slacker/gross! My  hair needed a good wash and some moisture back into it. Also I just came from the beach and even though I wasn't in the water the elements could of been harsh on my hair ex.sun.  I started off with clarifying my hair since I haven't washed my hair in awhile. Needed to get rid of product build up and plus its the beginning of the month. I used my suave clarifying shampoo, I would say I do prefer the ORS aloe shampoo but I have yet to buy a full size.  I proceeded to conditioning my hair because it was very much needed. I used my L'oreal Power Moisture conditioner and saturated my hair with the product so I can detangle my hair with my fingers instead of a comb. So easy to detangle my hair with this conditioner I love it.  Followed up with my deep conditioner which is the Bee Mine D/C. I didn't wear my heating cap or leave in on for hours.

Umm, Hey ?!

I  have not written a post in over a few months now & I feel a little okay about it. I just was not in the mood to really write about hair. It just started to become repetitive & a little boring to me. Don't get me wrong I still plan on documenting my hair journey & I still enjoy everything hair related. It was just a moment for me that I was kind of over it. I have been enjoying my hair length & been using heat a little too much, but that's okay. I mean isn't that the point of reaching your goal length, to enjoy it in whatever way you want? Well I definitely did & now it's time to get back to my normal hair routine. I still have a long term goal I want to achieve. So let's see where I go from here. This is my small space on the internet & I don't plan on abandoning it any time soon.

Hair Length Check In

I can not believe how far my hair has come. My hair has been in a protective for half the year, which was a sew-in. I did not have a sew in for the summer I gave my hair a break. I am currently debating if I should get another sew in for the colder months that is coming but I am not sure. My hair feels fuller & thicker. I was even asked if I had a weave in lol. Here is my current length. Am I Mid-Back length ? This picture was taken in Oct/13  Here is my current length as of Oct/14