Skip to main content

Hair Update #3 ; Protein Overload?

When I am done with the whole washing process or cowashing my hair I have been ignoring the straight strands in my hair. I just haven’t accepted the fact that my hair is pretty damage and maybe beyond fixable. I’m pretty sure I received this damaged from the bleach that I had done to my hair a month ago. Ever since the hair color I been babying my hair to hopefully restore the damage. But in my eyes it seems to be unfixable. (Even though some curl pattern has return) At this point I’m not sure what I should do. I want to cut my hair and just go back to a dark brown but then I also want to grow out the hair color and do trims until its all gone. Doing it this way though would take a very long time. If I do decide to color my hair again sadly I’m going to either do a rinse or a semi permanent of a dark brown hair color and then cut my hair to shoulder length. But I am not planning to color anytime soon. Maybe around the fall time I would do it or maybe ending of the summer. For now I’m going to still baby my hair and try to hopefully restore it (if possible).

Something that I have been experiencing through out this month is my hair not retaining any moisture.During my weekly washes I was noticing that when I deep conditioning my hair wouldn’t feel moisturized and didn’t have any slip. It would feel rather hard and be very difficult to detangle. Then when I would M&S my hair the next morning it wouldn’t feel moisturized. It would feel dry and rough. I was starting to believe that maybe my hair wasn’t retaining the moisture very well, that I might have porous hair. That maybe I should try the ACV remedy. Well now I think I figure out my problem. I’m experiencing PROTEIN-OVERLOAD!.

In my last update I had said how well my hair has been responding to all the protein. I was conditioning with my light protein weekly. I was deep conditioning with varies deep conditioners looking for that one moisturizing conditioner to use but was always using one that had some type of protein in it. Then I would M&S With a rotation of moisturizers that also contain protein and not only that but when I had done a braid out I would use Cantu Shea Butter Repairing Leave In. I wasn’t experiencing a ton of breakage but I did have some. But my main concern was why my hair wasn’t obtaining any moisture. So I went on Hairlista and a couple of ladies help me figure out what to do.

I’m going on a all moisture based regimen and also planning to incorporate the ACV in my regimen. But still I don’t know if it is just protein overload, porous hair or that my hair is just damaged. If someone can give me their opinion I would really appreciate it. Thank You.

photo

Comments

  1. Im so sorry about what your hair is going through. You hair is gorgeous so im sure if you do decide to start over, it will be even more healthy and beautiful and yes in my blog I talked about the ACV Rinses and I must say it helped me retain moisture in my hair. So that may help with the dry hair problem. HHJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and I am very upset but as of now I'm thinking about health over length. I'm planning to do my first ACV Rinse this week on washday so I really hope it helps my hair and that my hair is just in protein overload. One can dream lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Am I Protein Sensitive ?

I had recently purchased Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor and The Keratin & Green Tea leave in. I felt that my hair was in desperate need of some protein being that it was breaking a lot and because I thought my hair was going through moisture overload. Every time I washed it, my hair will feel way to mushy and soft. So today I decided to try the products and my results weren’t so good. This is what I did :
Shampoo with my Neutrogena Triple Moisture & then condition with the Aphogee conditioner. On the bottle it says to either leave it on for 2 or 5 minutes. I don’t know how long I left it in being that I was in the shower, but I do know that I didn’t leave in on for long because I didn’t know the time and I was to nervous having this product in my hair. I want to say it had to be at least 4 minutes that it was in my hair. Once I rinsed it out my hair felt AMAZING! My hair felt so strong and thick. I was just blown away at how good my hair felt. Usually my hair feels like mush an…

So I Made Waist Length

I made my long term goal! I'm finally waist length. I have been on a hair journey for a very long time and through so many trial and errors I found what helped me. My growth has definitely come from protective styling. I'm either doing a sew in and if not that my hair was always in a bun. Also having a simple hair routine is key! Not only that but keeping up with my ends. I plan to get my ends lightly trimmed but the only person I trust is so far from me but very soon I will get one. I might try to do a new hair goal of hip length but honestly not sure having long hair can kind of be annoying, but I'm not complaining I love my current length. 



Hello 2016 !

Hey! I hope you all had an amazing start to the new year. Around this time everyone has created goals they plan to accomplish. New year so new goals you want to achieve, new challenges you will soon face and new opportunities will come fourth.

I feel 2015 was a bittersweet year. I achieved a lot but also had a few loses that ended up changing my life. Now I just have to keep going on with life and put that behind me. 2016 for me might be the year of a lot of challenges that I will soon be facing and I am ready for it.
My Personal Goals: 
- To become a morning person  There something about waking up early and being able to get more done. Also to enjoy the quiet and peacefulness of the early mornings. 
- Love Mondays!  Okay so this may sound weird, but what I'm saying is make Monday's my favorite day. I want it to feel like a fresh start every week. Not feel like ugh Monday, if you get what I'm saying haha! 
- Read Read Read! I use to love reading. Every week I was reading so…