Skip to main content

Hair Update #3 ; Protein Overload?

When I am done with the whole washing process or cowashing my hair I have been ignoring the straight strands in my hair. I just haven’t accepted the fact that my hair is pretty damage and maybe beyond fixable. I’m pretty sure I received this damaged from the bleach that I had done to my hair a month ago. Ever since the hair color I been babying my hair to hopefully restore the damage. But in my eyes it seems to be unfixable. (Even though some curl pattern has return) At this point I’m not sure what I should do. I want to cut my hair and just go back to a dark brown but then I also want to grow out the hair color and do trims until its all gone. Doing it this way though would take a very long time. If I do decide to color my hair again sadly I’m going to either do a rinse or a semi permanent of a dark brown hair color and then cut my hair to shoulder length. But I am not planning to color anytime soon. Maybe around the fall time I would do it or maybe ending of the summer. For now I’m going to still baby my hair and try to hopefully restore it (if possible).

Something that I have been experiencing through out this month is my hair not retaining any moisture.During my weekly washes I was noticing that when I deep conditioning my hair wouldn’t feel moisturized and didn’t have any slip. It would feel rather hard and be very difficult to detangle. Then when I would M&S my hair the next morning it wouldn’t feel moisturized. It would feel dry and rough. I was starting to believe that maybe my hair wasn’t retaining the moisture very well, that I might have porous hair. That maybe I should try the ACV remedy. Well now I think I figure out my problem. I’m experiencing PROTEIN-OVERLOAD!.

In my last update I had said how well my hair has been responding to all the protein. I was conditioning with my light protein weekly. I was deep conditioning with varies deep conditioners looking for that one moisturizing conditioner to use but was always using one that had some type of protein in it. Then I would M&S With a rotation of moisturizers that also contain protein and not only that but when I had done a braid out I would use Cantu Shea Butter Repairing Leave In. I wasn’t experiencing a ton of breakage but I did have some. But my main concern was why my hair wasn’t obtaining any moisture. So I went on Hairlista and a couple of ladies help me figure out what to do.

I’m going on a all moisture based regimen and also planning to incorporate the ACV in my regimen. But still I don’t know if it is just protein overload, porous hair or that my hair is just damaged. If someone can give me their opinion I would really appreciate it. Thank You.

photo

Comments

  1. Im so sorry about what your hair is going through. You hair is gorgeous so im sure if you do decide to start over, it will be even more healthy and beautiful and yes in my blog I talked about the ACV Rinses and I must say it helped me retain moisture in my hair. So that may help with the dry hair problem. HHJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and I am very upset but as of now I'm thinking about health over length. I'm planning to do my first ACV Rinse this week on washday so I really hope it helps my hair and that my hair is just in protein overload. One can dream lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wash Day (7/7)

It feels good to have a clean scalp especially since I haven't washed my hair in almost two weeks! Yeah I know slacker/gross! My  hair needed a good wash and some moisture back into it. Also I just came from the beach and even though I wasn't in the water the elements could of been harsh on my hair ex.sun.  I started off with clarifying my hair since I haven't washed my hair in awhile. Needed to get rid of product build up and plus its the beginning of the month. I used my suave clarifying shampoo, I would say I do prefer the ORS aloe shampoo but I have yet to buy a full size.  I proceeded to conditioning my hair because it was very much needed. I used my L'oreal Power Moisture conditioner and saturated my hair with the product so I can detangle my hair with my fingers instead of a comb. So easy to detangle my hair with this conditioner I love it.  Followed up with my deep conditioner which is the Bee Mine D/C. I didn't wear my heating cap or leave in on for hours.

Hair Length Check In

I can not believe how far my hair has come. My hair has been in a protective for half the year, which was a sew-in. I did not have a sew in for the summer I gave my hair a break. I am currently debating if I should get another sew in for the colder months that is coming but I am not sure. My hair feels fuller & thicker. I was even asked if I had a weave in lol. Here is my current length. Am I Mid-Back length ? This picture was taken in Oct/13  Here is my current length as of Oct/14

Umm, Hey ?!

I  have not written a post in over a few months now & I feel a little okay about it. I just was not in the mood to really write about hair. It just started to become repetitive & a little boring to me. Don't get me wrong I still plan on documenting my hair journey & I still enjoy everything hair related. It was just a moment for me that I was kind of over it. I have been enjoying my hair length & been using heat a little too much, but that's okay. I mean isn't that the point of reaching your goal length, to enjoy it in whatever way you want? Well I definitely did & now it's time to get back to my normal hair routine. I still have a long term goal I want to achieve. So let's see where I go from here. This is my small space on the internet & I don't plan on abandoning it any time soon.