Skip to main content

Hello 2016 !

Hey! I hope you all had an amazing start to the new year. Around this time everyone has created goals they plan to accomplish. New year so new goals you want to achieve, new challenges you will soon face and new opportunities will come fourth.

I feel 2015 was a bittersweet year. I achieved a lot but also had a few loses that ended up changing my life. Now I just have to keep going on with life and put that behind me. 2016 for me might be the year of a lot of challenges that I will soon be facing and I am ready for it.

My Personal Goals: 

- To become a morning person 
There something about waking up early and being able to get more done. Also to enjoy the quiet and peacefulness of the early mornings. 

- Love Mondays! 
Okay so this may sound weird, but what I'm saying is make Monday's my favorite day. I want it to feel like a fresh start every week. Not feel like ugh Monday, if you get what I'm saying haha! 

- Read Read Read! 
I use to love reading. Every week I was reading something new and I miss that. Especially now when all you are reading is what's on your news feed. So get back into reading more ! 

- Complete a Project Life album 
If you never heard of project life you should YouTube it. Being able to get my photos off my phone or camera and into an actual album is so fulfilling to me. I did one for 2015 that isn't finish but I plan to continue it . 

- Blog Weekly 
I'm so redundant when it comes to this topic but it will always be a goal of mine. Life is always getting in the way, but I plan to post 1 or 2 post weekly. I have an array of topics in my drafts just waiting to be edited and published. 

- Fearless 
A word that I will try to implement into my life. I want to be fearless in everything that comes my way. I am typically a reserved and to myself type of person. So I don't take many risk as I really want to. So this year I'm going to be fearless!!

What are your goals for this upcoming year? I love reading people goals and intentions for the new year!








Comments

  1. Happy New Year Mercedes! I love your 'fearless' res! I am planning to be fearless this year too! Wishing you all the best with your Goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Yvonne ! Having one word to describe yourself for the year can bring a lot of changes !

      Delete
  2. My motto for 2016 is "Be Brave!" Best wishes for 2016! You got this chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great motto for the new year and remember it daily so it can be reflected in your actions. Thank you girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Am I Protein Sensitive ?

I had recently purchased Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor and The Keratin & Green Tea leave in. I felt that my hair was in desperate need of some protein being that it was breaking a lot and because I thought my hair was going through moisture overload. Every time I washed it, my hair will feel way to mushy and soft. So today I decided to try the products and my results weren’t so good. This is what I did :
Shampoo with my Neutrogena Triple Moisture & then condition with the Aphogee conditioner. On the bottle it says to either leave it on for 2 or 5 minutes. I don’t know how long I left it in being that I was in the shower, but I do know that I didn’t leave in on for long because I didn’t know the time and I was to nervous having this product in my hair. I want to say it had to be at least 4 minutes that it was in my hair. Once I rinsed it out my hair felt AMAZING! My hair felt so strong and thick. I was just blown away at how good my hair felt. Usually my hair feels like mush an…

So I Made Waist Length

I made my long term goal! I'm finally waist length. I have been on a hair journey for a very long time and through so many trial and errors I found what helped me. My growth has definitely come from protective styling. I'm either doing a sew in and if not that my hair was always in a bun. Also having a simple hair routine is key! Not only that but keeping up with my ends. I plan to get my ends lightly trimmed but the only person I trust is so far from me but very soon I will get one. I might try to do a new hair goal of hip length but honestly not sure having long hair can kind of be annoying, but I'm not complaining I love my current length. 



As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner | Product Review

Price: $7.99 for 16oz Tub @ Target

Product Claims: 
"This light creamy conditioning lotion spreads easily throughout to cleanse your hair and scalp. Detangling is wonderfully easy and rinsing is too."

"Helps maintains moisture, adds more moisture and retains moisture - vital to the health and happiness of your coils and curls."

"Plus! Contains organic ingredients that help promote healthy hair growth."  
Ingredients:Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cetyl Alcohol², Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol², PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearlkonium chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil², Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹, Phytosterols¹, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract¹, Quaternium-18, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone.
Source: 1-Natural, 2-Coconut

My Thoughts:  My first time using the product I did not like it. I mainly focused on the word Cowash & went o…